Our Salon Etiquette
We require a few things from you to ensure the grooming process is as smooth as possible and this starts at our reception! We would ask you kindly:
- Please do not arrive early/late for your appointment. We work on a very close schedule and a lot of the time are unable to take your dog outside of their scheduled time. We try our best to be accommodating on this so please let us know if you feel you may be outside of your appointment time.
- If you do arrive at the salon and your dog is not quite finished, we ask that you keep out of sight so your dog does not see/hear you. Naturally, they will get very excited which can be unsafe if they are on the grooming table, and we may be unable to complete the groom.
- Keep your dog on a lead at all times in the salon.
- Please do not bring your dog in for their groom if they have had diarrhea or been treated for fleas in the last 14 days.
- If you do not stick to the recommended grooming schedule be prepared to pay higher prices
- Be realistic, a knotty dog = more work = more expensive on a sliding scale of severity
- Let us know of any changes to your dog’s lifestyle eg. household changes, vet visits, injuries, or anything that may lead them to be out of sorts. Changes do affect dogs, we are not mind readers so please tell us.
- Tell us in advance of any behavior issues your dog may have
- As per our T&Cs, no-shows will always be charged 50% of the estimated grooming fee and an upfront deposit will be required for any future bookings.
- No-Show or late cancellation three times and you will need to find another groomer. No Exceptions.
- If you do need to cancel please give us as much notice as is possible 24 business hours to avoid the late cancellation fee.
- Please keep noise to a minimum when you enter the salon this will avoid disturbing any other dogs who may still be in the process of being groomed.
- You do not have permission to take photos of other dogs or our staff in the salon, shoot away with your own dog after the groom.
- Don’t forget you can book your next appointment before you leave the salon! This will avoid any disappointment where we may be fully booked and will ensure your dog’s grooming schedule is kept.
- If you ring the doorbell and we do not answer straight away, we promise we’re not ignoring you! Often we will need to secure a dog we are working on in order to answer the door safely.
All our grooms require that your dog has a pre-health check, bathed, dried, brushed, and combed before we start styling. From bath to being ready to groom takes a minimum of 1 hour. Styling can take from 30 minutes up to 2 hours depending on the complexity of the groom. Please be patient if you want fast and furious you are in the wrong salon.
Super Clients stick to a regular grooming schedule, either rebooking at the end of each appointment or booking 5-10 appointments ahead. Our customers can do this online vi a our booking portal.
Fleece coats (Poodles, Bichons, Designer Dogs) every 2 – 6 weeks
Drop Coats in full coat (Maltese, Bearded Collie, Westie, Yorkie etc) every 2 – 4 weeks
Drop Coats as above but clipped, every 4 – 8 weeks (depending on length left)
Smooth long coats (German Shepherd, Border Collie etc) 8 – 10 weeks
Heavy Shedders (Labs, Huskies, Goldies etc) 2 – 6 weeks
Huge Double Coats (Sammoyd, Akita, Eurasier) 6 – 10 weeks
If you don’t know which category your dog falls into please ask.
It is your responsibility to upkeep your dogs coat while brushing their dogs at home with tools appropriate to their breed. We are happy to advise you on how often and how to brush your dog, just ask us.
Regular customers are aware that we can get really booked up so they book in advance either in the salon or via our online booking portal.
Customers who try to stretch out their grooming appointments to save money will be charged extra for the time it takes to work on the dog to ‘fix it’ . It takes us longer, it is more stressful on the dog, and our equipment.
Dogs that bite: If your dog is a biter, for whatever reason, YOU MUST LET US KNOW.
If your dog attempts to bite in the salon and you have not made us aware that we are at risk we will not offer any future appointments.
How we work
Each dog is hand washed in HOWND shampoos, which contain NO alcohol, parabens, soap, dyes, optical brighteners or bleaches. They are Wheat Free , PH balanced , and vegan.
For De-shedding we do use a different range of de -shedding shampoos, speak to our team if you would like further information regarding the ingredients in those shampoos.
Each dog is bathed in organic shampoo in the hydrobath, rinsed using the oxygen microbubble treatment machine, given a Lavender Wrap and an Ultrasound dental treatment.
Your dog is then finished. It may be clipped, it may be scissored, it could be hand stripped – this bit depends on the breed or type of dog we’re doing.
ALL of our grooms include a pre health check, ear clean, trimming and filing of nails, hygiene and pad trim.
When your dog is finished you will receive a text message to collect, we are not a pet sitting service so we do kindly ask you to collect your dog within 15 mins of the arranged collection time. We will charge a minding fee of €5 per 15 mins.
Payment has to be made upon collecting your dog. We can arrange for payment links to be sent to the payee if another person is collecting your dog. We take payments by card or cash.
You cannot take your dog away if you have not paid in full for the groom.
We do do some freebies – notably, dogs brought to us by recognised rescue societies who are often in dire need of our services. Every groom we do pays a little bit towards this service, so pat yourself on the back and know that you’re helping a homeless dog every time you visit here.